How criminal negligence , unsafe facility and untrained staff at Intellitots Daycare Centre at Fortis Memorial Institute , Gurgaon ruined our lives :
I want to share my traumatic experience with ‘Intellitots daycare centre at Fortis Memorial Institute Gurgaon’ on May 19 ‘2017. I signed up for this daycare two months back after having been assured of the hygiene , staff training , cctv, fancy interiors and their commitment to child’s well being. I was also given long discourses about the Intellitots philosophy including a colourful presentation and a brochure with happy kids posing for the camera. Little did I know that this place would become the originator of agony for my little baby.As I write this post, my baby lies beside me with her left arm immobilised and her left hand ring finger amputated as the Intellitots maid apparently shut the door on my daughter while changing the diaper while her finger got caught between the door .
No one imagine what it was to see her screaming and all in blood with her finger piece separated . This is the worst nightmare which no parents should go through and right now we are going through hell!!
We had a major surgery on 19th May at Medanta and we don’t know what will happen . This will be repeated by another one this Thursday and this procedure will get repeated maybe twice every week for 6 weeks .
On being asked for the CCTV footage to really ascertain as to what happened , here’s the answer that we got from Pooja Goyal and Shivani Kapoor , the founders of Intellitots who are now running 3 centres in Gurgaon :
A) The CCTV got accidentally unplugged and only for that time when this happened , there is NO footage available !! They are clearly hiding the real incident and now withholding evidence !
B) The maid who banged the door on my daughter had never shut the door before in the past and they don’t know how it could have happened .
We visited the centre and saw with our eyes that the bathroom doors are so heavy and in hard wood with no clipping or padding to prevent them from any such accident . Also , the doors have locks so I am surprised that kids have already not locked themselves in so far .
Clearly , there was no one who was supervising the untrained maid which led to this unfortunate event – The price of which my daughter might have to pay for the rest of her life .
– Tell me , is this what we pay for and trust Intellitots when they make excuses of the CCTV not working? – This clearly shows an attempt to hide the facts and conceal information which is our basic right .
– This is a gross violation of the rules and regulation laid down by the Ministry of Women and Child Development under ECEE ( No. 6-3/2009-ECEE) and is clear case of criminal negligence & violation of basic infrastructure and training required for running early childhood care .
– This is when they charge hefty fee ( probably the highest in Gurgaon ! ) and lure innocent parents in their trap by showing sophisticated facilities when none exist .
– Are these centres allowed to hire these temporary untrained workers with pittance salaries and run their profitable companies
– Which supervisory body had inspected this facility which had hard doors with sharp edges and locks in infants toilets
– Who is the certification body which allowed to run this centre without an operational CCTV camera
– Why did the daycare centre CCTV not work exactly on the same day and slot when the accident happened
We clearly need to put an end to these money making centres and expose them so that others should not go through the pain and trauma that we are suffering. It is heart wrenching to watch a 9 months old baby undergo so much trauma.
As a mother , I will take all necessary measures by taking help from Police and the legal system to give us justice and punish the guilty in an exemplary manner so that this serves as a lesson for all such places .
Please pray for Anaya and wish that her surgery be successful and share it with all your friends and family.
We invite all National News channels and renowned journalists to come and cover this unfortunate story. We also request the honourable Chief Minister Of Haryana and the PMO office to take up this case .